Colorful Snake – Lots of species of serpents are very beautiful and vibrant. They likewise make great pet. Make sure to select the colorful yet non-venomous types if you intend to have a colorful snake for a pet dog.
Right here are the most beautiful non-venomous snakes which are awesomely colored and also with outstanding marking or patterns.
Note:. All the snakes included on the listing do not grow more than 4 feet in size. They are all slim as well as calls for budget friendly budget for upkeep.
Table of Contents
- 1) Coast Garter Snake (Thamnophis elegans terrestris)
- 2) Mexican Milk Snake (Lampropeltis triangulum annulata)
- 3) Redstripe Ribbon Snake (Thamnophis proximus rubrilineatus)
- 4) Eastern Blackneck Garter Snake (Thamnophis cyrtopsis ocellatus)
- 5) Red Milk Snake (Lampropeltis triangulum syspila)
- 6) Nelson’s Milk Snake (Lampropeltis triangulum nelsoni)
- 7) Long-nosed Snake (Rhinocheilus lecontei)
- 8) Sinaloan Milk Snake (Lampropeltis triangulum sinaloae)
- 9) Golden Tree Snake (Chrysopelea ornata)
- 10) Scarlet Snake (Cemophora coccinea)
- 11) Formosa Odd-scaled Snake (Achalinus formosanus formosanus)
- 12) Scarlet King Snake (Lampropeltis triangulum elapsoides)
- 13) Texas Garter Snake (Thamnophis sirtalis annectens).
- Related Post!
1) Coast Garter Snake (Thamnophis elegans terrestris)
Another colorful garter snake types is the Coast Garter Snake. It can be discovered in Alaska, Canada down to Central The U.S.A..
This attractive snake is the single most extensively dispersed genus of reptile in North America. The garter snake is also the Massachusetts state reptile.
Diet: It hunts in rivers for small fish, amphibians, earthworms, other snakes and various other invertebrates.
2) Mexican Milk Snake (Lampropeltis triangulum annulata)
One more extremely vibrant types of milk snake is Mexican Milk Snake or Lampropeltis triangulum annulata. It is belonging to Mexico yet could likewise be located in the United States.
It is defined by its, red, black and cream pigmentation. This non-venomous snake grows up to 76 cm in size.
Diet: crickets, earthworms, bugs and also slugs for the young, Reptile like skink, little animals, birds, egg, frog, fish and also various other snake for the grownup.
3) Redstripe Ribbon Snake (Thamnophis proximus rubrilineatus)
An additional colorful however tiny snake for an animal is the Redstripe Bow Snake. This snake is a subspecies of garter snake that lives in southern United States.
This snake is semi-aquatic, spending the majority of its time on the side of permanent bodies of water like lakes, ponds, swamps and sluggish relocating streams. It is quick removaling and also outstanding swimmer.
Diet : Main diet consists of amphibians like the Northern Cricket Frog, reptiles and little rodents.
4) Eastern Blackneck Garter Snake (Thamnophis cyrtopsis ocellatus)
The Eastern Blackneck Garter Snake is a little garter snake with a typical size of much less than 20 inches. It is smaller than the Western Blackneck Garter Snake.
This colorful snake screens three light stripes on a dark-colored body with uniform orange as well as orange-yellow spreading throughout.
Diet : It pursues in rivers for little fish, amphibians, various other snakes, as well as invertebrates, such as earthworms.
5) Red Milk Snake (Lampropeltis triangulum syspila)
Red Milk Snake is a colorful varieties of Milk Snake. As a result of its high worth in the pet profession, many subspecies are now being bred in bondage for sale.
Diet: Slugs, pests, crickets, and earthworms for the young, Reptile like skink, little creatures, birds, egg, frog, fish and other snake for the grownup.
6) Nelson’s Milk Snake (Lampropeltis triangulum nelsoni)
The Nelson’s Milk Snake is an extremely colorful snake that is found in Mexico. This attractive subspecies of milk snake could mature to 110 centimeters in size. As well as it is non-venomous. The Nelson’s Milk Snake has a natural resistance to the venoms of several indigenous snakes.
Diet: Birds, little rats, reptiles, amphibians as well as other snakes, including poisonous species.
7) Long-nosed Snake (Rhinocheilus lecontei)
There’s nothing to be afraid with the vibrant Long-nosed Snake since it’s a non-venomous species and also it is a great option for an exotic animal.
This slim snake can expand 30 inches or even more in size. It is defined by a long, a little upturned nose, which is the beginning of its name.
Diet: This rare unique family pet commonly rejects rodent-based diet. It feeds mainly on reptiles as well as amphibians as well as smaller sized snakes.
8) Sinaloan Milk Snake (Lampropeltis triangulum sinaloae)
The Sinaloan Milk Snake is a very colorful non-venomous snake and also is one of one of the most generally bred milk snake in bondage.
It is very suggested for a pet dog due to the fact that it is a relatively docile varieties as well as will rarely bite. A totally expanded adult Sinaloan Milk Snake could reach a size of around. 120 cm.
Diet: It eats rats, birds, reptiles, amphibians and invertebrates.
9) Golden Tree Snake (Chrysopelea ornata)
The Golden Tree Snake is an exceptionally colorful little snake that also its tongue is brilliantly colored. It is additionally commonly called Ornate Traveling Snake and Golden Traveling Snake.
It can be found in Southeast and also South Asia. This snake is really unusual due to the fact that it is capable of gliding flight. The Golden Tree Snake’s striking coloration as well as gliding ability make it a prominent selection for captivity.
This rear-fanged snake seldom goes beyond 40 inches in length. The tiniest videotaped specimen is 11.5 cm while the biggest is 136 centimeters.
10) Scarlet Snake (Cemophora coccinea)
The Scarlet Snake is a colorful tiny snake that can be found in southeastern USA. A grown-up Scarlet Snake can acquire a length of as much as 66 centimeters. This stunning snake is non-venomous and is suitable for a family pet.
Diet : It feeds on amphibians, birds, invertebrates, reptiles yet the majority of specifically, rodents.
11) Formosa Odd-scaled Snake (Achalinus formosanus formosanus)
The Formosan Odd-scaled Snake is impressively attractive for its distinctly colored and also shiny range. This Colubridae snake can be found in Vietnam, Taiwan, China as well as Rykyu Islands in Japan. It is a safe types best as an unique pet.
12) Scarlet King Snake (Lampropeltis triangulum elapsoides)
The Scarlet King Snake is a brightly-colored snake belonging to the United States. This lovely-looking snake is among the smallest of all king snakes. At maturity, it could grow to a size of as much as 68.4 cm only.
It feeds upon rats, birds, reptiles, amphibians and invertebrates.
13) Texas Garter Snake (Thamnophis sirtalis annectens).
The Texas Garter Snake is colorful snake from the United States. It is a subspecies of typical garter snake. This is perfect for an animal because it is totally safe.
Diet : It hunts in rivers for amphibians, little fish, various other snakes as well as invertebrates, like earthworms.